There are several advantages to using a laser on you pet:
- Less pain- The laser seals nerve endings as it “cuts”, so your pet may require less anesthesia during the operation, reducing the risk of complications. Pain after surgery is also reduced.
- Less bleeding- The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery.
- Less swelling- Laser energy does not crush, tear, or bruise because there is no physical contact with the tissue.
- Reduced risk of infection- The laser sterilizes as it removes diseased tissue, killing bacteria that cause infection.
- Precision- The laser can remove unhealthy tissue without affecting or removing surrounding healthy tissue.
- Quick return to normal activities- Healing is rapid and there is less post-operative discomfort.
Laser procedures reduce the trauma to your pet and improve the overall healing of your pet after surgery.